We are planning a major refurbishment of our building at 336 Brixton Road which will transform the building and enhance the local environment.
Our vision is that our building will be at the leading edge of disability access, provide quality facilities, offer a great experience and be a pleasure to be in for all our users.
We want to be able to offer a greatly improved conference and training venue, meeting space and community facility, all to the highest accessibility standards, which will give everyone the best possible experience of our building.
The plans have been drawn up by award winning architects Henley Halebrown Rorrison who were chosen following an architect’s competition arranged through RIBA (Royal Institute of British Architects).
Some key features of the planned refurbishment:
- A new roof garden terrace as a social and event space
- A larger and lighter foyer with improved visibility from the street, more user friendly access and a cafe area for socialising, meetings and events
- An additional 500 square metres of high quality, flexible office space
- A new incubation space for social enterprise start-ups (seedbeds) working in the field of disability which will increase our social impact
- A larger conference suite to include an additional large space of 210 square metres and an additional small space of 40 square metres
- A new basement car park for Blue Badge holders
- A design which reduces the building’s carbon footprint, improves the local environment and contributes to the regeneration of Brixton
- Better connectivity around the building and between organisations.
We will be undertaking a major fundraising initiative. As part of our developing our fund-raising strategy we have undertaken a Social Audit.