Our vision for The One Stop Information Shop is an easy to access and joined up service for people visiting our building. It will offer:
- Information, initial advice and signposting to deal with a wide range of enquiries from disabled people, older people and carers
- Liaison with organisations within the building to refer clients for advice / advocacy / casework appointments where needed
- Specialist information and advice sessions provided by voluntary and statutory partners who would be invited to use the facility to promote and deliver their services to potential new clients
- A ‘shop window’ for the organisations based here at 336 to provide information about their services and for representatives of the CIL to engage with disabled people about the development work which it is doing
- Improved information display facilities for organisations within the building and for other providers in the borough wishing to promote their services
- Internet access for members of the public to search for their own information
- Individual support to access and navigate web-based resources to enable people to locate services and make contact with them
- Regularly updated ‘what’s on’ information of interest to disabled people
- A booking facility for events and activities in which organisations in the building and their partners are involved.
Currently this service is coordinated by Disability Advice Service Lambeth (DASL) and includes staff and volunteers from a number of organisations in the building. One of the main services being provided from the One Stop Shop is Lambeth Resolve’s weekly information and advice surgery for disabled and older people.
We plan to open the service at regular hours.
DASL is actively looking for disabled people to get involved in the One Stop Information Shop as volunteers. They will provide training and support and also reimburse reasonable travel and subsistence expenses.
If you would like to find out more about volunteering in the One Stop Shop for disabled people please contact David Strong at DASL (Tel 020 7642 0040, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or click here to visit their website